Monday, April 16, 2012

A Little Jr. Miss Story

Clark thinks he's funny sometimes. I was crossing my fingers, praying that Hannah would win Jr. Miss. I had been texting my brother to tell me about the awards and if she won. All of the sudden, I receive a text saying SHE WON!!!!!!!!! SHE WON!!!!!!!!!!!. I proceed to call my brother and I get an answering machine saying, "hello? hello? if you haven't figured out by now this is my voice mail leave me a message!" The voice on the other end was not my brothers. It was my niece's. My devious husband had changed my niece's name in my phone to my brother's. I got my hopes up for nothing. I then proceeded to be mad at him for 10ish minutes and I then receive another text saying Hannah won! I turn to Clark and say calmly, "Really? She did! This isn't funny anymore!" He replies, "She really did Brynne! Aren't you so happy!?" It took me a while to really get excited but then I called my brother's real number and confirmed it and now I'm more excited than ever. My cousin (McKayla) and one of our great family friends (Hannah) are both going to State Jr. Miss. This gives two really good reasons to skip school in October and go!

PS... Here's a little bragging sidenote. My mom was Laken's (the recent Jr Miss) hostess and she was Hannah's (the new Jr. Miss). Saturday night, two Preston parents asked her to be their daughter's hostess too. Lance Hemsley (Laken's Dad) came up to her and said, "I'll be your agent, we can go big!" She is very modest and says to everyone, "It's not me! It's 17 years of parenting that create these talented and confident girls!" I think she is right about that but I also think she knows how to polish and fix the little details perfectly. She is one great lady that sacrifices a lot of time to help others. I hope I can be as wonderful and talented as she is someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment